Tuesday, August 10, 2010

*What I've learned throughout the class*

I've learned a lot of new concepts and some I've learned in the past. Though, this class refreshed a lot of new and old concepts, which is always good. For instance, I've learned about Aristotle and Ethos, Pathos & Logos. Though, I was able to read more of the history be hide the terms and how the concepts were put into use. Also, I remember learning about the signifier, signified and the sign, though the book was able to use different examples and illustrate them differently. Some new concepts were the Filtering Theory and the Shared behavioral standards, along with Duck's Relational Dissolution Model, these were a few that jumped out to me. Which makes it my most favorite thing about the class; learning new concepts and learning how to apply them into my own life. The least favorite would have to be, the online interaction. I know this is an online class, though the class seems like a wonderful group of people and with a great instructor. It would had made a wonderful on campus class. I wouldn't improve anything about the course, I really enjoyed the open communication and how easily we were able to communicate with our instructor.

2 comments:

  1. I too had learned some of this information in previous classes. However, something that this class provided was applying concepts to real life. I hadn't experienced that in previous classes.
    I agree that this would have made a great on campus class. There were times that I was disappointed we could only communicated via blogging and commenting. I think this was a great group of people and would have been great to talk face to face. I also think that we were able to discuss our opinions more freely because it was online class. We may not have gotten such honest opinions had this class been face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applying concepts to real life is crucial. I feel like BAM! I get it when i can give an example from my own life and truly see it in action. It is amazing how once you see it you cant stop seeing it in your daily routine. I also felt we had a great group of inviduals with great perspectives and wonderful thoughts and ideas. DUck's dissolution model also was unique and I too find it important to discuss. Something about the way a relationship falls about is fascinating. This class has taught me a lot and it is great that you have too! Happy last post!

    ReplyDelete